Menu Plan #1 Winter 2019
I try to do most of my Meal Prep on Sundays to alleviate the stress of what’s for dinner during the week. Like so many of us, the What’s for dinner struggle can be real. My Menu Plans always involve a soup to have on hand for quick, healthy snacks or a quick bite before an extra curricular for one of the kids. I also try to use a variety of cooking methods so I can get lot’s done all at the same time. My Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker and Oven get a work-out on Sunday. I’ve linked my recommendations for these cooking tools to my Amazon Affiliate account. We will make a small commission should you decide to make a purchase, but it won’t cost you anything extra. Check them out!
The benefit? I make the kitchen dirty once, and we’re all well fed for the rest of the week, with time to spare after dinner during the week. My Meal Plans don’t involve choosing what dish you should cook on what night, but rather a plan of great food, that you can prep in one day, and you can choose how and when you want to eat it.
Sunday Soup: Italian Sausage & Vegetable Soup
Marry Me Meatloaf with Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Game Plan for Meal Prep Day
I always start with the things that will take the longest to cook. Then while they are cooking I move onto the next recipes.
- Make rub for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, place prepared pork in slow cooker
- Prepare the Soup
- Cook rice for the week, plus extra for bowls for lunches; I use my rice cooker for this.
- Peel & Clean your Shrimp and Vegetables for the Thai Shimp Noodles. Place Shrimp and Vegetables in a ziplock bag, and the sauce in a small jar with a lid. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Prep Broccoli Alfredo; pre-wash and cut broccoli, place in ziplock bag. Place cooked chicken in a second bag.
- Prepare the Meatloaf, place in baking dish, cover with foil and store in refrigerator until needed
- Optional: Instant Pot Italian Chicken using Make Ahead Prep method or make the night of
Tips & Tricks
Print out your recipes
Make sure you have all your ingredients out on your counter
Group ingredients by recipe
Ensure you have enough bags/containers for prepped food
Fill your sink with warm soapy water
Stay focused and have fun!