The enduring appeal of classic Alfredo sauce lies in its simplicity. Featuring a luxurious blend of heavy cream, butter and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, traditional Alfredo sauce delivers incredibly rich flavor without a lot of fuss. Creamy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo builds upon the classic ingredients with the addition of rich cream cheese and fresh garlic.
In addition, the heavy cream is replaced with a lighter blend of half & half and chicken broth. The results? A creamy, delicious and easy sauce that appears much more complicated than it actually is to make. This one is sure to become a new family favorite!
Picky eater options
Many families have picky eaters, or non broccoli eaters, not to worry, we have options! Including a green vegetable in the dish cuts through the richness and I have tried it with a variety of ingredients. Recommended substitutions for the Creamy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo include; Asparagus, Spinach, Zucchini, and fresh or frozen peas, the canned ones are too soft.
Interested in more great recipes? Live Meal Prepping? Quick Cook Video’s? Join us on the Love on a Plate Community where we share all things food.
Cream Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head fresh broccoli florets reserve stalk and stems for another use - or 1 12 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 c. butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic peeled and finely minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1¼ c. half & half not low fat,
- ½ c. chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- I small bunch fresh parsley chopped
- additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook the fettuccine while preparing the sauce so the noodles are still warm when ready to toss with the other ingredients.
- Prepare broccoli by placing florets in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwave ovens, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly. When finished, drain to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Add garlic and butter to a saucepan and turn heat to medium. Sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes before adding cream cheese, half & half, and chicken broth. Continue cooking while stirring constantly until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring for about 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken, broccoli and cooked fettuccine noodles to a large serving bowl. Add the sauce to the bowl and gently toss until thoroughly combined. Top with chopped parsley and more freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.