Pikachu Pokemon Burger; fun for all!
Pokemon and Pikachu, it’s been a while since I thought about these characters, and they were huge in our house. In fact even before my boys were hooked on the Pokemon series, my MOTHER was, she had all the games! I can’t wait to make this Pikachu Pokemon Burger as a fun surprise for them.
My boys who are now all teenagers, still enjoy food that’s fun, and this “retro” Pikachu Burger is no exception. They all played the games at different times, but they all played, and what’s not to love about dinner for the boys that brings them back to the “good old days”.
The new Detective Pikachu Movie is due out soon, May 10th is release day! . Not sure how I feel about that, but ultimately I know we’ll watch it, because well, we have to!
This let’s play with our food shall we? Just a few simple garnishes make this a totally fun, really easy recipe to make. It does take a little pre-planning, and if you have edible markers you can totally draw on Pikachu’s nose and mouth instead of using the melting chocolate noted in the recipe. Use what you have, have fun, this is one of the few times it really is okay to Play with your food!
Ingredients (for each burger)Hamburger or cheeseburger, prepared as desired
- 2 black olive slices
- 2 mini pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon melted black candy wafers or chocolate chips
- 2 Bugle Crispy Corn Snacks
- Dip the tips of each Bugle into the melted candy. Allow to set completely.
- Position the black olive slices on the top bun of the hamburger to resemble Pikachu’s eyes. Attach with melted candy or toothpicks.
- Use a toothpick dipped in melted candy to place a dot between the eyes as Pikachu’s nose. Below the nose, draw a curved line to be Pikachu’s mouth.
- To each side of Pikachu’s mouth, attach a mini pepperoni using a toothpick or melted candy for his cheeks.Press two toothpicks through the top of the bun and rest a Bugle on each toothpick.7. Remind children to remove any toothpicks prior to eating.
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca