Prepaheadable Skillet Meals for the win
Easy Philly Cheese Steak Skillet is the latest addition to my collection of Skillet Dinners and you’re going to want to add it to your dinner rotation. With all the familiar flavors of a Classic Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, made at home, this is a satisfying easy dinner that everyone is going to enjoy. It also checks off all my weeknight meal wishes.
- Easy clean up – one pan to wash
This recipe uses thinly sliced flank steak, peppers and onions all which good quickly, so this is a ready in under 30 minute dinner; that’s definitely a win for us. Even if you don’t do any Meal Prep you can definitely get this dinner done fast. Don’t forget to pin this now or register for free and save it to your own recipe collection.
So what is the best cheese on a Philly Cheese Steak anyways?
Of course there is the cheese debate and boy that can get heated! I’ve chosen to top mine with Mozzarella for it’s melting factor but there are other options and we often will add EXTRA cheese to our home made sandwiches. We are a cheese loving family and generally have many options available. I like to put them all out so everyone can build their own to their liking.
- American Cheese
- Cheez Whiz
How to serve Easy Philly Cheese Steak Skillet?
- In a hoagie roll or bun of choice
- On top of rice or cauliflower rice to keep it Keto friendly
- On top of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower
- Spoon Philly Cheese Steak mixture on top of french fries, with gravy and melted cheez whiz (and this is the OPPOSITE of KETO!)
How to make Easy Philly Cheese Steak Skillet
Kitchen Tip: Slicing meat thinly enough so it doesn’t over cook can sometimes be a challenge. I always put my meat in the freezer for about 10 minutes so that it is partially frozen and much easier to slice. Also don’t forget to cut it across the grain for the most tender results.
Philly Cheese Steak Skillet
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole green pepper sliced
- 1 whole red pepper sliced
- 1 whole orange pepper sliced
- 1 whole onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning of your favorite
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded*
4 Hoagie Buns for serving
- In a cast iron skillet, add your olive oil, garlic, peppers, and onions.
- Saute’ on high until the onions and peppers are beginning to get soft.
- Add the steak to the onion pepper mixture. Stir to mix.
- Add in the Montreal Steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce
- Cook until steak is cooked to a medium rare, still a little pink or it can get tough
- Place mozzarella on top of the steak and veggie mixture to cover fully.
- Place the skillet in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes until the cheese is melted thoroughly.