Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup
This light and flavorful soup is inspired by classic Chicken Florentine recipes, but it has some unique elements of its own. For example, this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup uses pureed white beans and a chunk of Parmesan rind add to its creaminess, while a bit of baby arugula introduces an interesting note to the overall flavor profile. The result is a delicious combination you’ll want to make again and again.
What can I use instead of Arugula?
If Arugula isn’t something you like, substituting Spinach, Kale or Swiss chard are all good options. The dark leafy greens provide not only colour and a flavour, but are excellent sources of vitamin K and anti oxidants, making them healthy too. I love it when something can taste good and provide health benefits.
Will Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup work with chicken thighs?
Yes, you most definitely can use chicken thighs, and in fact, I find they make the soup more flavourful. Be sure to trim and remove any excess fat first to keep the fat content down, and ensure that there are no yucky fatty bits floating in the soup. No one enjoys that!
Meal Prep Tips:
- Save time on prep day by soaking the sun dried tomatoes the night before or at least at the start of your meal prep session
- Using pre-washed and sliced mushrooms is another time saver, and they aren’t that much more expensive
- After cooking, portion the soup into individual portions for easy, healthy, tasty, grab and go lunches
Meal Prep friendly soups:
If you are looking for other delicious Meal Prep friendly soups to make, I’ve got you covered! Here’s a list of just a few that we really enjoy that are also Instant Pot friendly!
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Green Chile Soup
- Poblano Sausage Spinach Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
Chicken Florentine Soup
- 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 2 c. water
- 2 15- oz. cans cannellini beans
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion chopped small
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 8 oz. white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 4 ” Parmesan cheese rind
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. baby arugula
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- Place the Sun dried tomatoes in 2 cups water and set aside. Let soak until softened, approximately 30 minutes, then chop into small pieces.
- Reserve the soaking liquid and set aside.
- Rinse and drain one can of cannellini beans, and puree the other with its liquid in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Remove heavy cream from the refrigerator and set aside at room temperature until the soup is done cooking. (This will prevent it from curdling when added to the hot soup later).