Every year I make 52 batches of soup, one a week, every week. While I definitely have some family faves in my collection, I like to try new recipes to keep things interesting.
This Instant Pot Cauliflower Green Chile Soup is the latest addition to my collection. It’s creamy and rich, and though it has Hatch green chiles the soup is not spicy, just savoury.
Hatch Green Chiles are a variety of a New Mexico chile, grown, not surprisingly in the Hatch Valley. They tend to be less spicy than many varieties, and add a depth of flavour that comes from their natural smokiness, and slight onion/garlic flavour. This is not to say they don’t add any heat, but nothing like a Habanero a fiery Mexican Chile.
I love soup, as does my husband and my youngest son. My other 2 kids can take it or leave it, but for me, soup is a critical part of my meal planning. Easy to make, easy to reheat and excellent for after school or after extra curricular activities. Soups can easily turn into meals when I’m in a pinch and this Instant Pot Cauliflower Green Chile Soup is no exception.
I’m also listing a few of our other favourite soups that we have enjoyed this past Winter and Spring. I’ll be adding one new soup recipe to the weekly Meal Prep Menu’s that I post, so be sure to sign up for my newsletter. That way you will never miss a new and delicious soup recipe from Love on a Plate!
Some of our favourite soups:
- Creamy Tortellini Sausage Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Easy Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup with Hatch Green Chiles
- 10 large russett potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cup chopped Cauliflower
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup chopped green chiles
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Add your diced potatoes, cauliflower, diced onions, chicken broth, seasonings, and butter to your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on top, lock and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 5 minutes
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream, sour cream, and the corn starch together.
- Stir into the soup.
- Mix in the two cans of chopped green chile's and sharp cheddar cheese
- Press the saute button and cook the soup (while stirring) until the soup thickens.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to make a smooth and creamier soup.