Greek Steak Salad
Greek flavours are one of my favourites, and often appear on my menu in the form of Chicken or Pork Souvlaki. During the summer I like to make Salads the star of the meal, and this Greek Steak Salad is a new must make recipe, that I am excited to share.
Nothing says summer quite like a delicious Grilled Steak and a crisp salad full of vegetables fresh from the farmers market. Add in a citrus herb Greek marinade that’s also the dressing, and you’ve got dinner that everyone is going to love.
How to make Greek Steak Salad?
- Marinate the steak (30 min or over night)
- Prepare the salad greens
- Cut the cucumber, avocado, cherry tomatoes & red onions
- Pan sear or grill the steak
- Slice, and serve!
What is Greek Seasoning?
Traditional Greek flavours include Oregano, garlic and lemon. You can buy a Greek Seasoning Blend but I prefer to make my own. With a balance of herbs and spices that I think is perfect, I also like that it’s fresher, lower in sodium and cheaper too! Having a good selection of Homemade Seasoning Mixes makes it easy to Meal Prep a nice variety of dishes.
What to serve with Greek Steak Salad?
Honestly, this Greek Steak Salad doesn’t need anything as it’s a whole meal, but some warmed Pita Bread with Homemade Hummus is always a good option. You can also make my delicious loaded Greek Layered Hummus dip and serve it with crisp Pita Chips. Oh Yum!
Greek Steak Salad
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Greek Seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lbs. Strip steak approximately 1½” thick
- 1 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 4 c. mixed salad greens or other lettuce, of choice
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- ½ c. Kalamata olives sliced
- ½ c. Feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the steak to a large, sealable freezer bag. Pour half of the balsamic dressing on top and seal tightly. Gently turn bag to make sure the steak is thoroughly coated in the marinade. Marinate the steak for at least 30 minutes at room temperature (but not more than 2 houror place in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer the remaining half of the dressing to an airtight container and set aside until ready to use.
- When ready to prepare the salad, place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Turn exhaust fan to the highest setting and heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over high heat. Remove steak from marinade and discard the bag. Add the steak to the hot skillet and sear on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to the pre-heated oven and roast the steak to the desired level of doneness, approximately 8 minutes for medium-rare.**
- **Use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. The steak should be 5-10°F below desired temp (e.g., 135°F for medium-rarwhen removed from the oven. The internal temp will continue to rise while resting.
- Remove steak from oven and transfer to plate. Cover loosely and set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the freshly chopped avocado with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Layer the mixed salad greens, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, and avocado on a large serving platter and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Once the steak is rested, slice into thin strips and place on top of the salad. Top with crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately with the remaining balsamic dressing on the side. Enjoy!