Greek Seasoning Mix
Add Mediterranean flair to your menu with this amazing, multi purpose Greek Seasoning Blend. Made from scratch it’s so much more flavourful than those you purchase at the store. I also like that I can limit the sodium. There are also a few “surprise” ingredients that are traditional to Greek Cuisine, but often omitted in recipes as they are less commonly used in savoury dishes. Please trust me and don’t leave them out. They truly make a difference!
What can I cook with Greek Seasoning Blend?
The question should be, what can’t you cook? During the summer months I find that I add this to so many dishes, that I have to make a second batch.
My Greek Souvlaki is a dish I make year round, it’s that good. I use a sheet pan in the Winter, but truly love it on the Grill as soon as the weather warms up. It’s also excellent to make ahead and freeze raw if you are a Meal Prepper type like I am. Use cubes of Pork, Lamb, Beef or Chicken, they are all delicious. While the meat bakes you can easily prepare some fresh Tzatziki and warm up some pita.
10 More Quick uses
- Mix 1 Tbsp with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and use it to dip bread in
- Sprinkle Seasoning blend on shrimp, rub with olive oil and place on a skewer and grill
- Marinate chicken thighs, with Greek Seasoning Blend and olive oil and bake on a sheet pan
- Add 1 Tbsp seasoning to every 2 cups of rice while it’s cooking for a delicious side dish
- Use in Instant Pot Lemon Olive Greek Chicken
- Makes a delicious Greek Salad Dressing
- Cook Orzo, add butter and a sprinkle of Greek Seasoning Blend. Serve as a side
- Sprinkle on Zucchini, Onions and Red peppers and saute in olive oil
- Toss cubed potatoes with lemon juice, olive oil and Greek Seasong Blend and roast until crispy
- Add Greek Seasoning blend to yogurt and grated cucumber for a delicious dip
Greek Spice Blend
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl whisk together to combine. Pour into a spice jar with a lid, label.
- Greek Spice Blend will last for up to 6 months stored in a cool dry place.