Banana Chocolate Oat Cookies
If you have over ripe bananas, put your hand up. Yup, I thought so, I know I sure do. Even with 3 hungry teenage boys in the house, and one of them a smoothie lover, I always have over ripe bananas. That’s where these Banana Chocolate Oat Cookies come in. I hate wasting food, and I love making easy, healthy snacks that the whole family will enjoy.
These particular cookies, happen to be not only delicious, but the are also Gluten free, dairy free and Vegan. For us that’s not a concern, but I know many look for these options so I thought I would mention it. Did I mention they are delicious? Yes, I think I did.
How ripe is too ripe?
Well, the riper the bananas are, the sweeter they get, but they can go too far… and they get nasty. My solution? As they ripen, I toss them into my freezer so I have them ready to go when I’m ready to bake these Banana Oat Cookies, or my Best Ever Banana Muffins. These are the 2 recipes I use most often, and no matter how big a batch I make, they kids devour them.
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 heaping T. cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 c. oats quick cook
- 3 T. honey preferably local
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® mat.
- Mash ripe bananas in a bowl, and then stir in unsweetened cacao powder, quick oats, and honey until a cookie dough-like batter is formed.
- Roll dough into approximately 15 balls and flatten with a fork or your hand. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca