Banana Bread (or muffins) is one of those recipes I searched and searched for. I wanted a nice moist, full banana flavour, not crumbly bread or muffin. I also wanted it to be fast, and easy to put together and to keep well for a few days; IF it lasts that long. This recipes uses very very ripe bananas which I find have the best flavour and are sweeter, I also use real butter to add richness and moisture. The other REALLY important thing is to not over mix… please just use a wooden spoon and barely mix to combine.
The base recipe doesn’t call for any add in’s but I’ve done Pecans and Walnuts with great success as well as blueberries, raspberries and of course Chocolate chips (Use the mini chips if you’re making mini muffins or it will be too much chocolate to batter)…. did I really say too much chocolate?? huh! I’ve always meant to try it with Peanut Butter Chips, but haven’t yet.
Best Ever Banana Muffins
- Perfect Banana Bread
- 3 whole bananas -- the nastier the better
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter -- melted
- 2 whole eggs -- at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl whip together bananas and sugar 2-3 minutes until very
- well combined.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Don't over mix.
- Pour into a greased 9X5X3 loaf pan, or muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 1 hour for loaf pan or about 15 minutes for muffins. Mini muffins take about 10-11 minutes.