Who doesn’t love a Taco Casserole? Tex Mex food frequently appears on my meal plans. The kids love the flavours, I love the simplicity. Even when you’re trying to watch your calories, you can still enjoy a delicious meal. Try this WW Turkey Taco Casserole, no one will know the difference.
All the flavours you are used to in a Taco casserole, but slimmed down with the use of ground turkey and low fat cheddar cheese. Add in black beans for fibre, and top with lots of crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes no one will be able to tell that this is a “skinny” version.
WW Turkey Taco Casserole Smart Points:
This recipe comes out to 5 Weight Watchers smart points, based on a 1 cup serving size. The entire casserole will make 8 servings. I like to use any leftovers as a Taco Salad for lunches. Top with additional salsa of your choosing as the salad dressing. Intentional leftovers, I love those!!
Weight Watcher Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 c fat-free sour cream
- 1 c Blue corn low-fat tortilla chips broken up
- 1 c low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 c salsa
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a skillet add the turkey, onion, corn, beans and minced garlic until tender.
- Add seasoning mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Place half the broken chips in the bottom of casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and limes.
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
Register now on the Love on a Plate website to gain access to making your own recipe collections and meal plans. You can also scale the recipe portions and generate a shopping list of what you need. It’s FREE to register!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca