A little love on your plate this Valentines Day
Valentines Cookie Dough Truffles, made in sweet heart shapes, dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles. Everyone is going to LOVE them!
These are a no bake, egg free cookie dough base that is super easy to prepare in your stand mixer. Just mix, chill, shape and decorate. You can use any design of cookie cutter, so save this for later, and you can have some fun with making cookie dough truffles all year long.
A few simple steps
No one will guess how easy these Valentines Cookie Dough truffles are to make, and I won’t tell, promise.
Gather all your supplies far enough in advance to let the butter come to room temperature. Because there is no egg (since we eat the dough raw), you want to ensure that the butter is soft enough to cream well when beaten.
Also plan for some chilling time, between mixing the dough, cutting the shapes, chilling again and then one last time after they are dipped in chocolate and decorated.
If you are doing these with kids with short attention spans, I recommend doing all the prep work, and inviting them in when it’s time to dip and decorate. Oh and taste test of course!
Cookie Dough Truffles
- mini heart shaped cookie cutter
- 1 cup flour plus 2 extra Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz Ghirardelli melting chocolate wafers
- Valentines day sprinkles
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
- If the dough is crumbly, mix in the water
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a small cookie sheet
- Place dough onto the cookie sheet and flatten the dough into 1/2 inch thick
- Place the cookie sheet into the fridge for 20 minutes
- Once timer is up, using the cookie cutter, cut out your hearts
- Place onto a plate and back into the fridge for another 10 minutes
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the Ghirardelli melting chocolate in intervals of 30 seconds until melted
- Once melted, using a fork, dip a heart into the chocolate and carefully tap the side of the bowl to get rid of excess chocolate
- Place onto another cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle with the v-day sprinkles
- Repeat steps until all dough is used
- Allow chocolate to harden for 30 minutes before enjoying.