Korean Pulled Chicken Lettuce Cups
These Korean Pulled Chicken Lettuce Cups are the second recipe I’ve tried from Lauren Keatings new book, Healthy Eating One Pot Cookbook. I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s everything a busy family or couple needs to get delicious meals on the table with no stress and no mess.
In addition to the fact that I found I wanted to make ALL the recipes, (there are 101 of them), I love that they have a great range of flavours. It’s truly home-style food, with unique twists. Flavour profiles from different cuisines, but not overly complicated. This is my kind of food. The Red Curry Ramen is outrageously good. I’m already planning to make a double batch of the broth, and par cook some noodles to have for lunches next week. The first batch was gone within 15 minutes of being finished.
Is it Prep Aheadable?
I’m so excited that many of the recipes are Meal Prep and Freezer friendly. Some give specific instructions to make them ahead, and others you can just adjust accordingly.
The servings are generally for 4 people, so for our family I double the recipes or I use them as Meal Prep lunches or grab and go dinners on the run. I thought as the kids got older it would get less busy at our house, I was wrong. We have many nights where the temptation to order in would be hard to resist if I didn’t make Pre Aheadable meals.
KOREAN PULLED CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS
- 1 pound boneless skinless
- chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice
- wine vinegar
- Butter lettuce leaves
- for serving
- Quick cucumber pickles (see
- page 122) for serving
- Shredded carrots for serving
- Sliced scallions white and
- green parts for serving
- In your slow cooker, combine the chicken, chili-garlic
- sauce, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Cover the cooker
- and set it to low heat. Cook for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pot. Let stand for
- 5 minutes to soak up the sauce.
- Serve the chicken in lettuce cups, topped with pickles,
- carrots, and scallions.
- Make-ahead tip: Combine your slow cooker ingredients in a large
- resealable plastic bag the night before. All you have to do in the
- morning is pour the contents into your slow cooker and turn it on.