Green Curry; perfect for meal planning
I love Thai food, all of it, but especially Red and Green Curry. Creamy coconut based sauces that have the traditional sweet, spicy and sour flavours typical of many Thai foods. I could just drink the sauce honestly.
Sadly we don’t have that many good Thai restaurants near by, and ordering out gets expensive when trying to feed six people for dinner. Happily this Green Curry satisfies all my cravings, it’s fast and easy to prepare, and works great for meal prepping and planning.
Coconut milk and Thai Green Curry paste combined with garlic, lime, and cilantro (plus a few other ingredients) quick creates a spicy, fragrant, rich sauce that can be used with just about any protein or vegetables you choose.
Need More reasons to try it?
- Whole 30 compliant
- Budget friendly
- Easy to prepare
Perfect for Meal Prepping:
Not only is this Green Curry recipe delicious, and easy, it’s also lends itself perfectly to meal prepping. It’s fast, holds well in the fridge, reheats well, and flexible. I normally make a double batch so I can use it to create out of this world lunches that we actually want to eat.
While Green Curry is frequently made with Chicken, honestly it’s completely adaptable to what your family prefers. It’s one of those recipes that’s easy to Mix and Match ingredients and I often use it at the end of the week with whatever I have on hand that needs to be used up.
- Chicken (thighs or breasts), Shrimp, Pork, Tofu
- Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Green Beans
- Asian Eggplant, Thai eggplant,
- Carrots, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash
- Kale, Bok Choy, Swiss Chard, Spinach
- Bamboo Shoots, Baby Corn, Water Chestnuts
See, I told you it was flexible. Just about any vegetable will work. To make dinner all you have to do is make the Green Curry Sauce, fry up your protein and vegetables, add the Green Curry sauce and simmer until everything is cooked through.
What to serve it with?
- Steamed rice, Jasmine is my favourite
- Rice Noodles; thick ones work best
- Extra Steamed Veggies for a low carb/no carb option (Broccoli is great)
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
If you make this recipe or any on the Love on a Plate Blog we would love to hear what you think! Leave a comment, rate the recipe, post a photo on IG #loveonaplate
- 1 coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. green curry paste to taste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine all ingredients, whisk well. Reduce heat and simmer over low for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.