Instant Pot Lasagna Soup, rich and hearty this is an excellent soup for a comforting dinner and it makes excellent Intentional Leftovers for lunches as well.
Although Instant Pots are not “Instant”, they do however produce an outstanding Lasagna Soup, with easy prep, and very little watch time. Take special note of my tips to ensure that this recipe does not produce the dreaded BURN warning, which many tomato based foods tend to do.
I have a special not to be missed technique which you can use when converting Slow Cooker recipes to Instant Pot recipes, especially those that may not have that much liquid.
Sunday Soup: a family tradition
Each and every Sunday, I make a big pot of soup that we keep in the fridge for quick, healthy, delicious tasting meals in a hurry. My youngest son Jon is a soup lover, and he will also grab a bowl for an after school snack, and sometimes an after dinner snack; he is clearly a growing boy!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup however is filling enough to be served as dinner. When using this as the main part of a meal, I like to take it up a notch, with a healthy layer of CHEESE!
Supper is served:
Adding an extra cheesy layer to this already hearty soup, really puts this soup over the top. Simply ladle each portion into oven proof soup bowls, top with a combination of shredded Mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until melted, or 5 minutes using the broiler feature. You will NOT be sorry!
Enjoy it with Best Ever Caesar Salad and some nice warm crusty bread.
If you want more great recipes and meal prep videos join our Facebook Group; Love on a Plate. There is always something cooking in my kitchen! Full disclosure, this site does contain affiliate links which will earn me a very small commission if you make a purchase. These commissions allow us to continue to bring you amazing content, and maybe buy a coffee! We thank you for your support of Love on a Plate.
These Oven Proof soup bowls are some of my very favourite! They are classic in design, if not a little retro, and can be used for so many dishes that are better served in individual portions. I make a mean chicken pot pie, with a Puff Pastry that is amazing in this type of bowl.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage or ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Bay Leaf
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic pressed
- 1 28 oz can diced Tomatoes with juice
- 1 14 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 9 Lasagna Noodles broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 cup smooth Ricotta Cheese or Cottage cheese
- Turn pot on to Sauté function. Place the meat, onion, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes in the Instant Pot liner. Cook until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the the broth, stir. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. DO NOT stir. Add in the lasagna noodle pieces. Push under the liquid, but don't stir.
- Put the lid on and turn the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Turn off/Cancel the Sauté function. Press the Pressure Cook button set to 6 minutes.
- When the cook time ends and the pot beeps, do a Quick Release of the pressure. Watch the steam... it's HOT!
- Open the lid, stir the soup and separate any stuck together noodles. Remove the bay leaf. Nex, stir in the Ricotta and Mozzarella. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.