Grinch Brownies for family movie night
One of my favourite things about the holidays is all the amazing movies, and the memories that they have for us as a family. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a must watch for us. I prefer the Classic Animated version, but my boys like the newer Jim Carrey version. Both are great, so Don’t be a Grinch…. It’s Family Movie Night! Make some Grinch Brownies, gather your loved ones, some blankets, light a fire and settle in.
When you have Grinch Family Movie night, you need snacks. Grinch Themed treats, oh so much fun, but it doesn’t have to end there. You can go all out and make Christmas Movie themed treats for all kinds of movies, and I’ve got some great resources for you. Before you head off exploring, be sure to PIN the Grinch Brownies recipe first, you’ll thank me later!
Making Grinch Brownies
I love to have treats in the house for the kids, but I don’t always have the time to bake from scratch. These Grinch Brownies are what I call Half Homemade. You start with a boxed mix, add in some extra ingredients, and you’ve got a great treat that tastes like it’s homemade, but takes much less time. Half Homemade – love it!
- Brownie Mix
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Chips
- Peppermint extract
- Red Hot candies or mini m&m’s
Follow the simple instructions, and in under an hour you have Grinch Brownies, perfect for any Grinch themed or Christmas event.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – time for the annual 25 Days Of Christmas Movies Blog Hop! #ChristmasMoviesHop
We have 25 talented bloggers gathered together to share with you all the wonderful crafts and recipes you can make this Christmas season, based off of some of the most beloved holiday films. There are 25 films to be inspired by for your holiday season, and 25 talented bloggers to aid your inspiration! If you love Christmas movies, you have come to the right place!!
Now, let’s get to the main event shall we? Grinch Brownies are on the menu!
- 1 box brownie mix
- 26 Mint Oreo cookies chopped
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops of leaf green food coloring
- red hots candies or red smarties
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Chop 16 Oreo cookies into quarters and mix them into the brownie batter.
- Chop the remaining 10 Oreo cookies into coarse pieces and set aside in another bowl for the topping.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Check the brownies to see if they are completely cooked.
- Once baked, put the baking pan on a wire rack. Allow brownies to cool before adding the ganache.
- To make the ganache, bring a medium saucepan half filled with water to simmering.
- Put a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot of simmering water.
- Pour the white chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl. Stir constantly until melted. Take white chocolate chips and heavy cream mixture in the bowl off the heat.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Now add a few drops of green food coloring. Stir well to combine. (You can add more mint extract, up to 1/2 teaspoon.)
- Quickly pour the ganache on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped Oreos on top of the ganache. Sprinkle on the red candies.
- Chill the brownies, allowing the ganache to set for at least an hour.
- Cut the brownies into bars.
This site does contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase we will make a small commission.