This is not just ANY Garlic Cheese Bread, this is Ciabatta Garlic Bread with Gruyere. This is the stuff dreams are made of, trust me, you want to make this recipe NOW!
The perfect accompaniment to hearty pasta dishes, such as lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, or Rigatoni with Three Meat Sauce it takes an every day dinner up a notch. It’s garlicky, salty, nutty, crispy, cheesy, melted goodness; you’re welcome!
It is also a great appetizer on its own when served with a spicy marina sauce for dipping and you can add a variety of different toppings for even more flavour. Think diced bacon, caramelized onions, or chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes for example, oh yes, that would be AWESOME!
If you can’t find shredded Gruyere, you can use the more traditional (and easier to find) shredded mozzarella instead. As with all my recipes, make adjustments to suit your taste and what you have on hand. Now that being said, if you haven’t tried it with the Gruyere, you really should, it’s one of those ingredients that elevates a dish from the ordinary to extraordinary!
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- ¼ c. butter unsalted
- 4 gloves garlic finely minced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. oregano dried
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 6 oz. shredded Gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Cut ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a small glass bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, olive oil, and oregano. Stir to combine thoroughly. Brush each half of the ciabatta bread with the olive oil mixture; making sure the entire surface is covered.
- Grate Parmesan cheese over the surface of both bread halves and top with shredded Gruyere cheese. Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and starting to brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.