If you love Chocolate and Peanut Butter, if you love warm gooey rich lava cakes, if you’re a Peanut Butter cup fan, this Crock Pot Peanut Butter Lava Cake is for you.
Even on a busy weeknight, you can easily put this decadent dessert together, toss it in the Crock Pot and an hour later, it’s ready!
I won’t lie, this is a rich and sweet dessert, but the salt from the peanut butter, and the dark chocolate fudge sauce balance it out perfectly.
It’s not diet food, it’s definitely not good for you, but boy does it taste good! We all need a little decadence in our life sometime right?
This one is so simple, you’re kids can totally help you assemble it while you prepare dinner. A bonus if you ask me.
Crock Pot Reese Peanut Butter Lava Cake
- 1 triple chocolate cake mix
- 1 C cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1/3 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/2 C chocolate syrup plus 2 Tbsp
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 C mini Reese cups
- 1 C Reese pieces
- whipped cream to top
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with cooking spray or use a Crock Pot liner.
- Using a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 C peanut butter, 1/3 C butter, and 1/2 C chocolate syrup until combined
- Pour batter into the crock pot and cook on high heat for 1 hour
- Check to see if still doughy, if so continue to cook in increments of 15 minutes until the cake is not so doughy anymore
- Remove the Crock Pot and place onto a wire rack
- In medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tbsp peanut butter and 3 tbsp whole milk until smooth. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar.
- Spread peanut butter glaze over the cake
- Sprinkle the mini Reese cups and Reese pieces
- Scoop into bowls and serve with whipped cream or ice cream