Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Blue Chowder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 2 cups raw chicken diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups ham small dice
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- pinch cayenne
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and cubed
- 2 cups swiss cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and add oil. Add diced onions, potatoes and chicken, cook about 5 minutes until onions are soft and chicken is lightly browned.
- Add in ham, garlic, dijon mustard, parsley,and cayenne. Stir well. Add butter and let melt. Sprinkle flour over top of the chicken/ham mixture to coat everything well. Now add the chicken brother and stir.
- Cancel the Saute function, and set Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Seal steam valve. Once time is up, do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid (careful, it's hot). Set Instant Pot back to Saute function on low. Add in cream cheese, half and half and Swiss cheese. Don't let it boil or it could separate. Stir will to melt all the cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. enjoy!