I’m a little obsessed with Buffalo Chicken at the moment. I love the slightly spicy, tangy, but somehow creamy sauce on almost anything these day. I also LOVE soup, like I could eat it every day. With bread, and sweet butter. And then came the idea for this soup, inspired by the iconic Buffalo chicken wing, I can’t wait to share this recpe for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup! Yes, you read that correctly, Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup and did I mention, there’s instructions on how to make a BREAD BOWL? It’s outrageously good. I’m serious, this is Crave worthy food!
So How do you make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup?
This is a one pot, easy bowl of deliciousness coming your way. With fridge and pantry staples you like have on hand, it’s only a few simple steps of prep and then you set it and forget it. For me these are the best kinds of recipes. It gives me time to set the table, make a salad, and even chat with my kids before dinner time.
- Dice vegetables and add to Instant Pot
- Add Flour and seasonings, cook off
- Add Chicken breasts and stock
- When time is up, shred the chicken
- Stir in cream cheese,
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- 4 med. Size boneless/skinless chicken breast cut into approx. 1 inch wide strips
- ½ cup Red Hot Sauce add less if you don’t like it quite as spicy
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 6 oz. cream cheese cubed
- 8 oz. crumbled blue cheese reserve ½ for topping serving bowls
- 1 c. cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add oil, celery and onion. Cook until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic powder and thyme.
- Add flour and incorporate well.
- Add chicken and chicken stock. Lock lid on instant Pot and set to high pressure for 15 min.
- Allow the pressure to release on the Instant Pot. After making sure all pressure is released, remove lid.
- Remove chicken from pot with a slotted spoon. Place on cutting board and shred or cut chicken into small pieces.
- Add cheddar, Red Hot Sauce and 4 oz. of the blue cheese to liquid in pot and stir until melted. If liquid has cooled too much you may need to use the sauté setting to melt the cheese.
- Add chicken back in and stir to incorporate.
- Serve hot, topped with the extra blue cheese and Red Hot Sauce if desired.
• Celery sticks or carrots can be served alongside for dipping. Small sides of blue cheese or ranch dressings add the perfect finish.