Air Fryer Blackened Salmon is a family friendly meal that is quick and easy to prepare without sacrificing flavor, I promise! Made using the air fryer this healthy Blackened Salmon is also Keto friendly for those following the Keto lifestyle.
This recipe is proof that eating healthy doesn’t have to take more time than usual, and it doesn’t have to be boring or bland. And if you’re not worried about calories, a big dollop of homemade Remoulade Sauce takes this recipe to the next level. I am a SAUCE lover…. no doubt.
If you like spice, and fish, then you need to have these blackened salmon fillets on your weekly menu. Coated with a smoky, slightly spicy, earthy, rich dry rub and just a small amount of oil, the air fryer produces a slightly crispy exterior, with a flaky, moist, interior. Perfect salmon!
Air Fyers; not just for frozen foods or reheating
The Air Fryer is an excellent choice when you want to quickly and easily prepare dinner, while making healthier choices. I especially like cooking vegetables, chicken and fish in it.
Because I cook for a family of 6, I personally use the Instant Pot Vortex Plus, and prefer the oven style fryer for a number of reasons.
- Larger cooking capacity
- Multiple levels; I have 2 non stick trays
- Rotisserie Spit option
- Reduced cooking time (generally half the time needed in a regular oven)
How to cook Salmon in the Airfryer?
Good news, it’s super simple, and flexible. I’ve used a blackening rub in this recipe, but any seasoning that you like will work as well.
Tips & Tricks
Follow these easy tips to get the best results from your air fryer, and the best tasting Blackened Salmon.
- Preheat the Air Fryer before adding the food
- Lightly spray your tray/basket with non stick cooking spray or olive oil (keeps the salmon from sticking, and helps to crisp the exterior.
- Rotate the trays half way through cooking to ensure even cooking
- Start with fresh or defrosted Salmon. Cooking from frozen doesn’t work well for this recipe.
Blackened seasoning packs a tiny bit of heat but I don’t think that it is anything that you won’t be able to handle. Making blackened salmon is easy, and you will have a delicious meal on your table in less then 3o minutes. Who says that you can’t have restaurant quality food at home and on a weeknight?
Pro tip: Make a double or triple batch of blackening seasoning and keep it in a sealed mason jar for an even faster meal during the week
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon
- 1 lb Salmon filets
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Swerve brown sugar substitute or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings together, and mix to combine well.
- Drizzle the salmon pieces with olive oil, and rub it in on both sides.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the fillets, and rub it into both sides.
- Place the salmon skin side down onto a tray in the air fryer.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the salmon has reached your desired level of doneness. Don't over cook or the salmon will be dry.
Make some extra Blackened Salmon so that you can have some for leftover meals such as salmon tacos. I love seafood tacos and this is one of the best fish fillers. Top with a nice mango salsa, oh my! It’s also delicious flaked and served cold on top of a green salad, or turned into Salmon Patties. Oh yum!
Not a fan of leftovers but still want dinner in a hurry? Make a batch of Cajun Seasoning Blend and keep it on hand for quick and easy weeknight meals.
9 thoughts on “Air Fryer Blackened Salmon”
We only got the air fryer few days ago, but I’ve already added this salmon to our list of dishes to try! Can’t wait!
I’ve never made salmon in the air fryer before, but I’m going to try this recipe, it looks so delicious!
I love how easy this is to make!
Cant wait to try this ,,, its looking so delicious .
Am going to try this in dinner ,,, and then will share feedback with you .
Thank you so much
My boys love salmon! Can’t wait to try it
We eat a ton of salmon in our household. So I love that you made this via the air fryer it made it so easy and it didn’t heat up the house. And the blackened seasoning was amazing!
They are so good and easy to make … thanks for sharing
I’ve just added this to this week’s meal plan. We love salmon and it’s a great reason to pull out my air fryer LOL.
We love salmon in this house and always looking for yummy new ways to eat it. This one looks packed with flavor, love the idea of making tacos with it!