Cheesy, Tex Mex Bacon Cups, yes please.
Tex Mex Bacon cups, an easy and delicious side served with a bowl of steaming hot soup to make a complete meal. You will need just a few basics from your fridge and 10 minutes of prep time. Tex Mex Bacon cups can be ready to serve in under 30 minutes. Because they come together so quickly and easily my kids have started to make them on their own. Perfect!
Shredded cheese, flaky biscuits, chopped bacon, tomatoes and onions combined with salsa and baked, what’s not to like? Have a picky eater? leftovers you need to use up? Get creative and have some fun, there are unlimited options.
Bacon Cup biscuit variations
The recipe is really flexible and can be adapted to your families preferences. Here are just a few options that work well. Mix and match to make new combinations.
- Mild, Medium, Hot Salsa
- Salsa Verde
- Sliced black olives
- Red or Sweet Onion
- Fresh or Pickled Jalapenos
- Substitute Ranch Dressing for the Salsa
- Use shredded chicken, or finely diced ham
If you really want to take them up a notch, top them with sour cream or guacamole or both!
Give these a try, your family will thank you.
Tex Mex Bacon Biscuits
- 1 tube biscuits
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 whole tomato seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped, optional
- 2 Tbsp salsa red or green
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open biscuit tube and separate biscuits. Flatten each biscuit into a greased muffin tin. pressing up the sides.
- In a small mixing bowl combine shredded cheese, chili powder, diced tomato, red onion, salsa and chopped bacon.
- Spoon even amounts of cheese mixture into each of the 10 biscuit cups. It will be quite full which is expected. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes until bottom is golden brown, cheese is melted and center is cooked.