These Tex Mex Bacon cups are the perfect choice to serve with a big bowl of steaming hot soup to make a complete meal. With just a few basics from your fridge and pantry, these Tex Mex Bacon cups can be ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
Shredded cheese, flaky biscuits, chopped bacon, tomatoes and onions combined with salsa and baked, what’s not to like? And if you happen to have leftovers, they make an excellent option for school lunches as they don’t need to be heated to be enjoyed.
Make them your own
The recipe is really flexible and can be adapted to your families preferences. Here are just a few options that work well. Mix and match to make new combinations.
- Mild, Medium, Hot Salsa
- Salsa Verde
- Sliced black olives
- Red or Sweet Onion
- Fresh or Pickled Jalapenos
If you really want to take them up a notch, top them with sour cream or guacamole or both!
Give these a try, your family will thank you.
- 1 tube biscuits
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 whole tomato diced
- 2 Tbsp salsa red or green
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open biscuit tube and separate biscuits. Flatten each biscuit into a greased muffin tin. pressing up the sides.
- In a small mixing bowl combine shredded cheese, diced tomato, red onion, salsa and chopped bacon. Add 1/4 tsp of chili powder, mix to combine.
- Spoon even amounts of cheese mixture into each of the 10 biscuit cups. It will be quite full which is expected. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes until bottom is golden brown, cheese is melted and center is cooked.