No Bake, Easy To Make
Peanut Butter Oat Bars, a new favourite at our house, where I am always looking for tasty, easy recipes that we can use for Grab & Go breakfasts and snacks. Life is busy, really busy, so I meal plan, and am always developing new recipes that fit our crazy lifestyle. This one ticks ALL the boxes
- Everyone likes them
- Easy & Fast to make
- Keeps well in the fridge or freezer
- Uses pantry staples
Pin the recipe now before you forget.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Bar variations
The flavors in these bars lend themselves to so many variations, which I love as it means I can use what I have on hand, adjust for dietary needs, fussy eaters, AND avoid boredom without a lot of work.
- Almonds, chopped
- Walnuts, chopped
- Cashews, chopped
Nut Butter Options
- Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Wow Butter
Dried Fruits Options
- Apricots, chopped
- Dates, chopped
- Tropical fruit mix, chopped
How to store Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Bars
- Freezer friendly; store in freezer bags
- Shelf Stable; store in an air tight tin with waxed paper between layers
- Fridge Friendly; wrap individually in wax paper or sandwich wrappers
Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups oatmeal quick cook
- 1 cup dried fruit rough chopped
- 1 cup pecans rough chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
In a medium saucepan over low heat combine peanut butter and honey. Cook, stirring often, until completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, dried fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chips* and peanut butter honey mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9x9 or 9x13 baking pan. The smaller pan will make for thicker squares.
- With a spatula or you fingers press evenly into pan.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours or in the freezer for 15 minutes. Cut into bars.
- Store peanut butter oatmeal bars in an air tight container for up to a week. Place waxed paper in between layers to avoid them sticking together.
- You can also wrap these individually for fantastic grab and go breakfasts or afternoon snacks. These are so decadent it feels like eating dessert for breakfast but they are still good for you!
Looking for other great grab and go Breakfast recipes? Try my really popular Sheet Pan Ham & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches.