No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
After the long days of winter, I welcome the chance to cook with fresh in season fruit, and strawberries are one of my favourites. They begin to make an appearance in early June, and I find them readily available all summer long. Of course if it’s out of season you absolutely could use frozen strawberries instead. No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is easy to prepare, but it does require a little planning as it needs at least 3 hours to set in the fridge.
If you really don’t have time to let them chill, just change the name and call them Strawberry Mousse and you’re good to go. No matter what they are called, I guarantee that they will be delicious!
What’s not to like? Strawberries, cream cheese, icing sugar and whipping cream. With ingredients like this, you know it’s going to be fresh and delicious and super easy to make.
Can I use cool whip?
Yes, you can, but I love the richness, and sweetness that comes from using real whipped cream and it takes only a few minutes more prep time and one extra thing to wash. Honestly it’s really delicious either way, so use what you have, and enjoy!
Can I make other flavours?
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is completely flexible. Fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries are all excellent options. The berries breakdown easily, and aren’t overly sweet, so they balance the richness of the cream cheese nicely.
Other fruit like peaches or nectarines, need to be completely ripe and juicy in order to be blended easily into the cheesecake base. If you don’t have fresh fruit, frozen will work. You can also make Lemon or Lime versions using freshly squeeze juice and zest. So fresh, and light, citrus based No Bake Cheesecakes are actually my favourite.
Mini No Bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip or real whipped cream
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream to garnish the top optional
- Clean and drain strawberries
- Using a blender or hand held mixer puree strawberries until you have about 1 cup of strawberry puree.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese to the strawberry puree and mix
- Slowly mix the powdered sugar to cream cheese mixture and mix until light and fluffy
- Fold whipped cream into the mixture until fully combined
- Evenly distribute graham crackers into the bottom of the jars and layer your cream cheese mixture on top
- Allow to set for about 3 hours or overnight
- Top with cool whip and strawberries if desired
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca