Hot Chocolate Cookies; perfection on a cold winter night
Warm from the oven these Hot Chocolate Cookies are like a warm cozy blanket on a cold winter night. Easy to make and filled with kid friendly flavors this recipe is a recipe you will pull out often. These Hot Chocolate Cookies are great for a bake sale, an after school snack, hostess gifts and Christmas cookie platters. Honestly, these are just GREAT cookies overall.
- Hot Chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
These are a fast, no fuss cookie using ingredients you can easily find. I love that they are freezer friendly too, and so easy make a double batch and freeze some for later. Pin the recipe now, before you forget!
How do I freeze cookies?
I often get asked how to freeze cookies, and this recipe has a few options. Choose the one that will work best for you!
- Make the batter, freeze the dough. Defrost, scoop, shape and bake
- Shape into balls, flash freeze until solid on a cookie sheet and then store in a ziplock container. Defrost & Bake
- Bake as directed, let cool completely, place in a freezer bag. Defrost about 2 hours before serving.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dry hot cocoa mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups mini marshmallow bits
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter
and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hot
cocoa mix, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat
- Stir in the marshmallow bits and mini chocolate
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out dough
and roll into a ball
- With the back of the scoop, gently flatten the dough into round discs.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. Do Not over bake
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before enjoying with a nice cup of hot chocolate!
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 29mgSodium 125mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 3g
And if you need a few more cookies to add to your Christmas Cookie Platter, I’ve got a few more fabulous recipes I know you’ll love.