Cucumber Radish Salad
Summer time for me means the days are longer, and hotter and filled with more activities and entertaining than the rest of the year. It also means I do a LOT of grilling or Instant pot cooking. Anything to keep the oven off, and the house cool. My collection of great main course dishes is pretty good, but I am always on the hunt for new salads and side dishes to serve that are easy and seasonal. This Cucumber Radish Salad ticks off all those boxes.
I normally have all the ingredients I need to make this salad in my refrigerator, with the exception of Radishes. I buy them sometimes, eat them rarely, usually end up tossing half the bag out since I didn’t really have any great uses for them. Now, I have this Cucumber Radish Salad, PERFECT!!
How to make Cucumber radish salad:
- Slice the cucumbers; I don’t even peel mine
- Slice the radish
- Thinly slice the red onions
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper
That’s it! Honest, it is just that simple to make! If I know I making Cucumber Radish Salad I like to make it before I start getting the rest of the meal ready. It only takes 5 or so minutes, but it does benefit from sitting for at least 10 minutes for the flavours to meld.
Can I prep ahead?
Sort of! Because the cucumbers have such a high water content, I find that they lose their crispness once they sit too long in the sugar/vinegar mixture. If they are on my Meal Plan for the week, I go ahead and slice the cucumbers, radish and onions and place them in a glass bowl with a lid or my new favourite STASHER bags I then mix the cider vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and dill together and store it in a mini mason jar. The STASHER bags are a game changer for meal prep, a little pricey to start but worth it in the long run, and definitely more eco-friendly.
This site does use affiliate links, and will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you make a purchase after clicking on any of these links.
Tips & Tricks for making Cucumber Radish Salad
A couple of quick tips and tricks I have for making this salad EVEN better.
- Use English cucumbers, less seeds and no need to peel
- Slice the cucumber with a crinkle slicer for a pretty presentation
- Use fresh dill if you have it, if not reduce the dry dill to 1/2 tsp
Cucumber Radish Salad
- 1 cucumber; sliced
- 1 cup red onion; sliced
- 1 cup radishes; sliced
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, add sliced cucumbers, radishes, and red onion. Toss well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Pour over salad tossing as you pour. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
Other Summer Salads & Side recipes I recommend: