Perfect Picnic Salad
Summer fresh vegetables in a tangy dressing, this is a unique and delicious chopped salad made without mayo, the perfect Picnic Salad.
Corn, cucumbers, roma tomato, red onion, black beans, shredded cheese, green onions, tossed together with Catalina dressing! Yes, you read that correctly. The Catalina dressing brings the flavours together and the results are really delicious. You’re going to want to PIN this recipe now. Trust me!
This is a large quantity recipe, perfect for potlucks, picnics and MEAL PREP. So easy to make, using readily accessible ingredients, this Picnic Salad is a meal preppers dream. Make a batch on Meal Prep day, divide into individual serving sizes and you’ve got the start of a delicious lunch. Add a few grilled shrimp and you’ve got a gourmet lunch, that you’ll look forward to eating.
- 2 cups kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 zucchini chopped, optional
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives drained
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup corn chips
- Place beans and corn in a large serving dish and toss to combine. Fold in the vegetables.
- Pour dressing over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Top with cheese and corn chips and serve.
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca