Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprout Skewers
These bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts skewer are the perfect appetizer to serve for any occasion. Crispy, smoky, and savory you can make them on the grill or use your oven.
Bacon, that’s honestly all a good appetizer needs to be a total crowd pleaser. I mean who on earth would say no to anything bacon-wrapped? Add to that a bit of caramelization, the right hint of smokiness and you are all set.
These bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts skewers have become my go-to appetizer recipe because of that! They are a total crowd pleaser! There’s not a simple person that does not like it. Not even those that are veggie averse. That’s how good this recipe is!
The secret to making them some delicious is not only on the bacon, although that really helps, it’s in the marinade!
The marinade is just a mixture of balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and some garlic. Mix everything together and cook it for a bit in a saucepan until it’s thick and sticky.
This marinade is super flavorful and really packs a punch + the honey helps to caramelize the Brussels sprouts making these bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts skewers super crispy!
And talking about crispy delicious mouthwatering recipes. The crispiness of these Brussels sprouts is totally out of this world! Yes, it’s that good!
How do you make your Bacon wrapped Brussel Sprouts skewers super crispy?
You roast them! You can also grill them but the totally best result comes from roasting them in your oven for around 20 minutes, and then broil them for an additional 5 minutes. That roasting + broiling combination is what really makes them become super crispy and even more delicious.
I usually prepare the skewers the night before and then when I’m ready to serve them I pop them in the oven and that’s it. That way I make sure they are at their prime point but don’t need to cook a ton while having people over (because honestly who wants to cook when you have company?).
You can serve them with a squeeze of lime juice or with some extra marinade on the side.
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts Skewers
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts halved
- 4 Ounces bacon
- 2 Cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the marinade. In a saucepan over medium heat mix balsamic vinegar with honey, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes or until you have a thick, creamy consistency.
- In a medium bowl add bacon and halved Brussels sprouts. Cover with the marinade and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl place your skewers covered by water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and make the skewers. Form an S with the bacon and the Brussels sprouts.
- Place in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Turn to broil, and broil for 5 more minutes.