Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, all the flavour of a loaded baked potato without all the carbs and if that isn’t enough, it’s Keto compliant. It sounds crazy, I know, but it is true. Certain types of dairy can be enjoyed on the Keto diet and it’s all the one’s I love. Butter, cheese, full fat yogurts and heavy cream are all allowed, seriously!
Now, let’s look at the ingredients in this recipe, cream cheese, heavy cream, shredded cheese, bacon. This doesn’t sound like diet food, rich, and creamy and luscious, you will be glad it’s all Keto friendly.
I’ve made this same basic recipe two different ways, I love recipes that are flexible. Follow the recipe below, OR make cauliflower mash, and stir in all the fixings.
An excellent side dish with Steak or Pork dishes, Sheet Pan Pork Souvlaki for example, make a bigger serving size than you normally need and you’ll benefit from Intentional leftovers. This loaded cauliflower recipe reheats very well, and will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Cook Sheet Pan Pork Souvlaki for dinner, double that recipe and you will be enjoying delicious lunches all week.
Join us on our Facebook Community page to see recipes like this prepped LIVE, as well as Quick Cook Videos and lots of great Meal Planning tips.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 4 c. cauliflower florets chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese cut into chunks
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter softened
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ c. Italian cheese blend shredded
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives.
Net Carbs: 3.86g