This luscious Avocado Ranch dressing is so easy to prepare and has so many uses. With easily accessible ingredients, and just a few minutes you can have this ready and on the table in under 10 minutes.
I’ll admit it, I am a sauce girl! Sauces, dips, gravies, dressings, I love them all. It’s that extra pop of flavour I can’t resist. This Avocado Ranch Dressing is one that I like to make ahead and have on hand in the fridge.
Once you make it once, you’ll see why! and did I mention it’s easy? like really easy?
Why make homemade dressing?
I prefer to make homemade salad dressing for a few reasons. They are generally healthier, with less preservatives and lower sodium, that’s a win.
Homemade is also more adaptable, you can adjust the consistency, increase the garlic, or adjust the seasonings to suit your family preferences. Another win.
If you don’t like to use store bought mixes, or want to make sure it’s keto friendly, you can also make your own Dry Ranch dressing. Get my recipe for it here. Homemade Ranch Dressing.
It only takes 5 minutes to make, can be eaten right away or stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air tight jar. Shake well before using.
Ways to use Avocado Ranch Dressing:
Lick the spoon good, this recipe can be tweaked and used in so many different ways.
- Increase the buttermilk and use as salad dressing
- Add a little more sour cream for an excellent dip for a veggie platter
- Drizzle over nachos and taco’s and anything Tex Mex! Think Taquitos, Nachos, Quesadillas
- Reduce the buttermilk and use it as a spread on sandwiches or in a wrap. Think BLT, with Avocado Ranch instead of plain mayo! Oh yes.
Avocado ranch dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ to 1 cup buttermilk depending on desired consistency
- To make ranch avocado sauce: Place avocado, ranch seasoning, sour cream, and ½ cup buttermilk in food processor or blender. Puree adding more buttermilk if needed. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 4 days or until the sauce discolors.