Sheet Pan Meals are an amazing option for a quick, healthy, flexible dinners and this Italian Sheet Pan Sausage & Harvest Vegetable recipe is no exception. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, when you want to serve a sit down family dinner, but don’t have a lot of time to cook.
I especially like these types of recipes, that are flexible and can be adapted to make even the pickiest of eaters enjoy a satisfying meal.
Make it family friendly:
The basic seasonings and flavours in this recipe are Italian inspired, which pairs well with so many types of vegetables, and sausages for that matter, you can easily make adjustments to suit your families likes and dislikes.
Some combinations that would work well would include:
- Red Onion, Zucchini, Grape Tomatoes
- Cauliflower & Green Beans
- Broccoli, Cauliflower & Red Onion
You can also feel free to change the type of Sausage you are using, but keep in mind it should compliment the basic flavour profiles in the seasoning.
Some good choices would include:
- Turkey Smoked Sausage
- Chicken & Spinach Sausage
- Knackwurst with cheese
See how simple this recipe is to toss together LIVE over on our Facebook Community.
Italian Sheet Pan Sausage & Harvest Vegetables
- 2 lbs smoked sausage
- 3 cups butternut squash diced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and dice butternut squash, add to sausage.
- Trim the bottoms of the brussel sprouts, and cut in half and add to sausage & squash
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, thyme, basil, and garlic, stir to combine and pour over sausage and vegetables.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir half way through cooking time
- Remove from oven and serve hot sprinkled with Parmesan cheese