Instant Pot Jerk Chicken; it’s the latest delicious and healthy dish to come out of my Instant Pot. Truly, full of flavour and only 2 WW Smart Points without feeling like you are eating diet food. Honestly, I am so surprised at how much I use the Instant Pot, it’s not always faster, but it is easier. For one thing, I like the set it and forget it aspect, and second having the ability to Saute first and then Pressure Cook in one dish is awesome.
Third, (I told you I liked my Instant Pot), is that the flavours come out really deep, it doesn’t wash out the taste like I find the Slow Cooker does. Speaking of Slow Cookers, it has that function as well, but I prefer to use the Pressure Cooker even for things like a Roast, it is just so much faster.
I currently have the official Instant Pot Duo, 6qt which is plenty large for everything I’ve wanted to cook for my family of six however I do think I need a second one. I’d like to be able to cook multiple recipes at a time making Meal Prep even easier and getting dinner on the table even faster. I use a Meal Planning System called 5 Dinners 1 Hour, along with my Pick and Choose Lunch system, and some bulk cooking and I always have Intentional Leftovers as part of my meal planning.
However I have a Dilemma;
Do I get a second 6 Quart? a 3qt? or the new Ninja Foodi, which I think is going to be the run away hit of the Holiday Gift giving season and Black Friday. I have my eyes PEELED for good deals. Unless Instant Pot comes out with something similar of course and then it will be interesting to see which is the best product.
Okay, so back to the kitchen, let’s cook this delicious Instant Pot Jerk Chicken already.and sorry for the long ramble! Initially you will think this is a long recipe, however if you have the Jerk Spice Rub already made ahead, you can use store bought if you like, (no judging here), it’s actually quite quick to prepare. Cube the chicken and let it marinate, while it’s doing that, you prep the vegetables. I also like to set my Rice Steamer at the same time so that everything is ready at the same time. After that you have about 20 minutes total between sauteing the chicken, bringing it to pressure and cooking. It’s a quick release recipe so that speeds up cooking time as well.
If you want more great recipes join our Facebook Group; Love on a Plate.
Instant Pot Jerk Chicken; 2 WW Smart PointsPrint Pin Rate
- 3 medium chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp. Jerk seasoning
- 1/2 head Cabbage
- 1 green Zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Jamaican Pickapeppa Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Cut the chicken into thin strips about 1-inches long.
- Season the chicken 2 tbsp. jerk seasoning in a sealed plastic bag.
- Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut up the cabbage cross-wise into thin strips.
- Cut up the red & yellow peppers and set aside.
- Combine the Pickapeppa Sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute' and add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the minced garlic.
- When the oil is ready, add the chicken and saute' until it turns light brown.
- Add the cabbage, peppers, zucchini, and onion. Turn the Instant pot vent to seal.
- Set to manual for 6 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Add the sauce in the entree.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve hot with rice.