Fry Sauce, Comeback Sauce, OMG Sauce, whatever you call it, it’s delicious
What is fry sauce?
In it’s most basic form, it’s Ketchup and Mayo, mixed together for dipping your fries in. (I’ve been doing this my whole life, but never knew it had an official name). Anyways, that’s the basic fry sauce, but there are many ways to take it really to the next level. That’s when you get Comeback Sauce or OMG Sauce as my youngest child calls it. (He’s 16 btw).
How do I make Fry Sauce?
It’s so easy, it almost doesn’t need a recipe, but don’t worry, I do have one to share! When I make mine, I never measure, and often make things up as I go depending what I have in fridge and what I’m serving it with.
You’re going to need to gather a small bowl, mayonnaise, a spatula (to get the mayo out and stir it all together), plus the seasonings or add in’s you decide to use for your Fry Sauce.
- use BBQ Sauce instead of Ketchup
- add Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- switch up the mustards, dijon, grainy, horseradish are all great options
- at a 1/2 tsp of honey for sweetness
- add a dash of hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce for a tangier sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Let sit at least 10 minutes to allow flavours to meld.