Dinner in 20 minutes can still be delicious with these 20 Minute Honey Garlic Meatballs. Kid friendly, super easy, and almost no clean up too. This is one dish that everyone in the family enjoy. Serve them with steamed broccoli or sugar snap peas and rice. For an extra treat cook up some spring rolls, and you are done!
I use homemade meatballs, however frozen meatballs will definitely work too. Whichever you prefer or have on hand will be fine. My recipe for Make Ahead Freezer Meatballs is a great choice when making these 20 Minute Honey Garlic Meatballs.
If you happen to have leftovers, which I don’t think you will, these Honey Garlic Meatballs reheat really well making them a great lunch the next day.
I have had some questions about where to get Chinese 5 Spice powder. My local Chinese Grocery store carries it, and I have seen it in my regular grocery store as well. If you trouble finding it, you can get it on Amazon of course. This is what it looks like, I’ve included an (affiliate) link to make it easy for you to find.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can make it again! Just hover your mouse over the photo above and the pin button will appear.
Want more great recipes for your family? Join our Facebook Group; Love on a Plate There’s always something delicious cooking in the kitchen!
Watch the LIVE FB stream to see how easy these are to make.
20 Minute Honey Garlic Meatballs
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions chopped for garnish
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 lbs meatballs*
- In a small bowl combine minced garlic, soy sauce, water, honey, 5 spice powder and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Cook your meatballs according to package directions if using frozen. When using homemade, cook in a large skillet over medium heat with a small amount of vegetable oil until just browned.
- Once meatballs are cooked, pour Honey Garlic Sauce mixture over top and let simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water to make a slurry. Pour into skillet with meatballs and sauce and bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer, stirring often until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Remove to a serving dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.