Sweet & Sour Shrimp
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 lbs raw large shrimp 21-30 count
- 1 whole red pepper cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 whole yellow pepper cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 whole sweet onion cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole carrot thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 whole zucchini sliced 1/2 inch thick
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- In a small bowl combine honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, pineapple juice and cornstarch whisk until smooth. Set aside
- In a medium bowl combine, peppers, onion, carrots and frozen pineapple chunks. Set aside.
- In a wok or large saucepan heat vegetable oil until smoking hot over high heat. Add chopped vegetables, and stir fry for 4-5 minutes stirring often until just starting to soften.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes until they just start to turn pink.
- Pour in sweet and sour sauce, and cook stirring occasionally until sauce thickens and shrimp are cooked, 2-3 minutes. Do not over cook or shrimp will become rubbery.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and place in a small bowl or jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks,
- Prepare all vegetables and place in a large Zip Lock bag.
- Clean Shrimp and place in a smaller bag inside the larger Zip Lock bag OR clean shrimp on cooking night. *Fresh or defrosted shrimp should be eaten within a day.
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca