Cheese Stuffed Mummy Breadsticks
Whether you’re planning a Halloween party or simply looking for a fun Halloween dinner idea, you’re going to love these adorable cheesy stuffed mummy bread sticks! On top of being cute Fun Halloween Food, Mummy breadsticks are so easy to make. All you need are a few common ingredients and a little bit of time to weave the “mummy wrap” to create a creepy touch for your next Halloween get-together.
I love how cute these adorable Mummy breadsticks turned out, especially since they take no time to put together! The hardest part about making this Halloween recipe is cutting the strips of crescent rolls to create the mummy effect. And all you need for that step in this recipe is a sharp knife!
In addition to a knife, you’ll need a few other common ingredients to make your own mummy bread sticks.
To make this creepy Halloween treat, you’ll need:
- Pre-made crescent roll dough
- String cheese
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Olive slices
How to Make Mummy Breadsticks
To make your mummy bread sticks, start by unrolling the crescent roll dough. Then, separate the dough into four sheets. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat, making sure to focus on the pre-cut lines in the dough. You’ll want to flatten that area out until the line is gone and the dough is one complete sheet. After the dough is flattened, use a sharp knife to cut it into eight squares.
Now it’s time to turn your crescent roll dough into mummies! Using your knife, cut strips into each side of the square. But be sure to leave the center of the square intact. That’s where you’ll put your cheese, so if you leave lines in the back of the mummy, the cheese will leak out as it bakes.
Stuff Your Mummy Breadsticks with Cheese
Grab your string cheese and cut it into four pieces – first cut it in half, then cut each half in half lengthwise. Place each piece of cheese in the center of the sliced crescent roll dough.
After each breadstick is stuffed with cheese, it’s time to start wrapping your mummy. Take each strip of crescent roll dough from the sides and wrap it around the cheese. Try to vary the placement of the strips to create an uneven wrap to give these mummy breadsticks a creepy Halloween effect.
Bake the Mummy Breadsticks
After the cheese is completely covered, brush each mummy breadstick with melted butter. Sprinkle some garlic powder and parsley flakes over the breadsticks to give them some flavoring, then add two sliced olives for eyes. Finally, bake the breadsticks until they’re golden brown.
You can serve your mummy breadsticks straight out of the oven. And don’t forget to add a bowl of “bloody” marinara sauce for dipping!
Cheese Stuffed Mummy Breadsticks
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 2 pieces string cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 16 sliced black olives
- Marinara sauce for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 4 sheets. Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin and cut into 8 squares using a sharp knife.
- Cut small strips into each square with a sharp knife, leaving the center of each square intact.
- Cut string cheese in half to fit in the middle of each square, then cut the cheese in half lengthwise. Place each quarter in the center of each crescent square.
- Wrap the cheese with the strips, alternating the placement of the strips to resemble a mummy wrap. Press the ends of each strip to secure, making sure to completely cover the cheese to prevent leaks when the breadsticks bake.
- Place the breadsticks on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush the breadsticks with melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder and dried parsley. Place two sliced olives at the top of each breadstick to resemble eyes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until breadsticks are golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping (optional).
1 thought on “Mummy Breadsticks”
These mummy breadsticks are the cutest Halloween snack! I love how kid friendly these are!