If I tell the truth Stuffing or Dressing is my favourite part of any Turkey dinner. In fact, I like it so much, we normally have 3 kinds when I’m cooking for the family. The Brooks Family Stuffing is part of my half homemade collection, and it’s my husband and kids favourite. It’s easy to prepare and can be cooked inside the turkey, in a baking dish or a Bundt pan for a festive presentation.
I tend to use Stove Top Stuffing, (Turkey Stuffing) and always get good results, but you can use any brand that you like. The seasoning isn’t overly salty, and the bread crumbs end up moist and not mushy. I add in basic stuffing savoury flavours with fresh carrots, celery and onion, the homemade half of the Half Homemade Stuffing. This extra step takes only 10 minutes maximum and is so worth it. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with boxed stuffing, I love the stuff, I’m just saying that it’s an excellent base for so many different recipes and flavours. Brooks Family Stuffing is one of them!
Want to see how easy it is to make? We can show you! Episode 1 of my Eat, Drink & Be Merry Series takes you through step by step how to prepare Brooks Family Stuffing.
Join our Facebook group and get notifications as the remaining Eat, Drink & Be Merry Episodes are released. We also share great recipes, weekly meal prep, Quick Cook Video’s and much more! Get a little Love on your Plate, Join us. You can also watch us on YouTube. Subscribe now and never miss a Video.
Brooks Family Stuffing; it starts with Stove Top
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 boxes Stove Top Stuffing your choice of flavour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock up to 1 cup*
- 1/4 cup butter cubed*
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add in the diced onion, celery and carrots. Let cook 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent and the celery and onions just start to soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the boxed stuffing mix and the seasoning packets. Season with pepper.
- Pour sauteed vegetables into the bowl with the stuffing crumbs and seasoning, mix well. Add in 1/2-1 cup chicken or turkey broth. You want the stuffing to be moistened but not wet.
- Place the stuffing mixture into the cavity of the Turkey and it's ready to bake.