Sweet, savory, creamy and rich, this corn pudding is a must make!
This is one of the best ever side dishes that I’ve made in my Instant Pot. Sweet, savory, creamy and rich, this is perfect for the holidays or Sunday dinners with the family. I guarantee that this Instant Pot Loaded Corn Pudding recipe will become a family tradition.
Why use an Instant Pot?
I’m fan of the Instant Pot for many reasons, but especially when cooking for a large group, like during the holidays for example. Instant Pot Loaded corn pudding is the perfect example. Even with a double oven, I always run out of space. In the past that meant cutting out some of my menu choices. (I hate that). My two 6 qt Instant Pots give me more space and more options, and it doesn’t even heat up the kitchen.
Because the Instant Pot cooks quickly, I use it for dishes that are better cooked just before serving. When planning what to cook when, remember to plan in the come to pressure time. Depending on how full the Instant Pot is it normally needs 15-20 minutes before the actually cooking time starts.
It’s also excellent for dishes that hold well, like Mashed potatoes. I love the ease of cooking them in the IP, no last minute draining and mashing, and they hold well on the warm setting. But I’m getting off topic here. Let’s get back to the Instant Pot Loaded Corn recipe that you came for shall we?
Instant Pot Loaded Corn Pudding
- 2 cups canned corn drained
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 packages of Jiffy corn muffin mix 8 ounces
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 6 Tablespoons of butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crisp cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot, and turn on the SAUTE on medium setting. Melt the butter, add the onion, red pepper and green pepper. Cook stirring often until peppers are softened and onions are browned and caramelized. Turn off the Saute setting by hitting the cancel button.
- Add the Jiffy corn muffin mixes, creamed corn, frozen corn, sour cream, eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, and bacon. Stir well to blend all ingredients together. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into position. . Turn the pressure valve to 'SEALING', press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, do a quick release, and stir the corn pudding. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot, and cook on MANUAL for another 15 minutes, and let Instant Pot do a natural release. Pot automatically release the pressure. When all the pressure has been released, carefully remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and serve immediately, or press the keep warm button, and serve when ready. Enjoy!