One of my favourite things about the holidays is all the amazing movies, and the memories that they have for us as a family.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – time for the annual 25 Days Of Christmas Movies Blog Hop! #ChristmasMoviesHop
We have 25 talented bloggers gathered together to share with you all the wonderful crafts and recipes you can make this Christmas season, based off of some of the most beloved holiday films. There are 25 films to be inspired by for your holiday season, and 25 talented bloggers to aid your inspiration! If you love Christmas movies, you have come to the right place!!
This site does contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase we will make a small commission. We thank you in advance for supporting Love on a Plate, which allows us to continue to bring you more delicious content, and maybe have a coffee too!
Let’s Meet The Hosts!
The new Grinch Movie is out, and it looks fantastic, though I haven’t had time to go out and see it yet. It’s definitely in the plan for this holiday season and so are these amazing Grinch Brownies! I’ve got a few more Grinch Themed treats you’re not going to want to miss out on, like this super simple Grinch Fudge.
Of course popcorn is always a popular treat when we watch movies at home too, and I like to serve it up movie style in these Jumbo Popcorn Buckets. It just makes it that much more fun.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. There are also live Quick Cook Vidoes, Meal Planning Tips, Entertaining recipes and so much more!
- 1 9 x13 box of brownie mix
- 26 Mint Oreo cookies chopped
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops of leaf green food coloring
- red hots candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Chop 16 Oreo cookies into quarters and mix them into the brownie batter.
- Chop the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters putting them into another bowl. Set aside.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Check the brownies to see if they are completely cooked.
- Once baked, put the baking pan on a wire rack allowing the brownies to cool.
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to simmering.
- Put a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot of simmering water.
- Pour the white chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl. Stir constantly until melted. Take white chocolate chips and heavy cream mixture in the bowl off the heat.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Now add a few drops of green food coloring. Stir well to combine. (You can add more mint extract, up to 1/2 teaspoon.)
- Quickly pour the ganache on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped Oreos on top of the ganache. Sprinkle on the red candies.
- Chill the brownies, allowing the ganache to set for at least an hour.
- Cut the brownies into bars.